Thursday, September 23, 2010

Is the I phone worth it?

I chose the article “Hey Soldier Your in the Smart Phone Army Now!” by Mark Thompson http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010/09/23/hey-soldier-youre-in-the-iphone-army-now/?xid=rss-topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+time%2Ftopstories+%28TIME%3A+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Google+Reader. I chose this because I believe they are using this as a tool to recruit more troops. By giving troops the I phone when they show up for basic training is appealing to the lower class. This is appealing to them because the upper and probably most of  the middle class people already have the I phone and don’t need one. Plus they are not only just giving them the I phone they are paying its monthly bills. The army claims that it will be helpful with all the army apps out there but we all know thats not the only thing the troops will use it for. I know plenty of people with the I phone and they use it for games and all the other cool apps they have out there to make life easier. If the army really wanted its soldiers to read whatever they need them to read when they have free time then they can give soldiers a book on what they need to read. What has our Army come to? In the future will they just be giving us the next best thing out there? This is some thing to think about because are people really willing to risk there lives to have the next best thing? Some people are and I don’t think it is worth it, I wish I could have the I phone but I’m not going to go into the army for just that purpose. I can guarantee that their are teenagers out their that are willing to do that. Plus if someone is thinking about going into the army then this could be the thing that makes them want to do it. That is why I believe that this is just a tool to get more troops.

No comments:

Post a Comment