Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Being Watched

The Internet has become a very useful tool that most people use these days. I read Kiss Your Privacy Goodbye by Larry Flynt. This article discuses how Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace that are used by so many people may be impossible to keep your files private.The minute you sign onto the Internet you are being watched, not just by our government, but also by our major corporations”. This quote scares me because I use the Internet every day and knowing that people are watching what I do could give out a lot of information. He said that major corporations can watch me, if they can then why not strangers? If that is happening then we all could be giving out personal information like where we live, what we like, and even conversations with our friends. If I am telling my friend something very personal or even where I will be the next day then a stranger could intercept that information and be there or use that personal information against me. With the technology these days it is very easy to put out a picture or type something that can get all over the Internet before you can delete it. Even when you hit that delete button it still out there, it doesn’t just go away forever. This is how I feel about Internet privacy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment